- January 22, 2021
- Linda Marie Blinka, 65, of Cameron died on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at her home. Funeral Mass will be Saturday, Jan. 23, 2021 at 10:00am at St. Monica’s Church in Cameron. Marek-Burns-Laywell Funeral Home in Cameron.
- Harrell Dean “H.D.” Turner, better known as PeeWee, of Thorndale died on Monday January 18, 2021 in Taylor at the age of 85. A graveside service will be held 10 am Saturday, January 23, 2021, at Salty Cemetery. The family will receive visitors, on Friday, from 6-8 pm, January 22, at the funeral in in Rockdale. Phillips & Luckey Funeral Home in Rockdale.
- Rudy P. Reyna, 65, of Lott, died Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at Baylor Scott & White Hospital in Temple. Services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Sacred Heart Cemetery in Rosebud. Rosary will be recited at 6:00 p.m. Friday, January 22, 2021 at the funeral home. Hewett-Arney Funeral Home in Temple.
- LaVerne Hoelscher, 94, of Westphalia, died on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 in a Rosebud Nursing Home. Services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Saturday in the Church of the Visitation in Westphalia. Burial will follow in St. Mary’s Cemetery in Westphalia.Visitation will be held from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Friday at Cook-Gerngross-Green-Patterson Funeral Home in Rosebud. A Rosary will be recited at 7:00 p.m. Cook-Gerngross-Green-Patterson Funeral Home in Rosebud.
- Joshua Lee McLerran, 33 of Cameron, died Sunday in a Temple hospital. Memorial services are 10:30AM Saturday at Oak Hill Cemetery pavilion. Marek-Burns-Laywell Funeral Home of Cameron.
- Julieus Dayton Everage, 62, of Rockdale died on Monday, January 18, 2021 at Baylor Scott & White Hospital in Round Rock. There will be a memorial service held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Springfield Baptist Church in Rockdale. Phillips & Luckey Funeral Home in Rockdale.
- Don Edward Strong, Sr., 78, of Chriesman, died on Saturday, January 16, 2021. Visitation will be held Friday, January 22, from 5 to 8 pm at Phillips and Luckey Funeral Home in Caldwell. Graveside services will be held Saturday, January 23 at 11 am in the Chriesman Cemetery. Phillips and Luckey Funeral Home in Caldwell.
- Jerry Tate Brown, 80, of Gause, died on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. Funeral services will be held Saturday, January 23, 2021, at 1:00 p.m., at the Kathryn W. Green Chapel of Green-Patterson Funeral Home in Cameron. A military graveside service will follow in the Liberty Cemetery, conducted by the United States Navy. Visitation with the family will be held from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., Saturday, immediately prior to the service, at the funeral home. Green Chapel of Green-Patterson Funeral Home in Cameron
- Owen “Leon” Knight, Sr., 66 of Milano, died on Wednesday January 6th, 2021. A small memorial service will be held on Saturday January 23rd from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at the Knight Family home, at 9173 Hwy 79 East, Milano. Phillips & Luckey Funeral Home in Rockdale.
- Gloria Ann ( Shiller ) Wuthrich age 70 of Taylor died on Wednesday January 20, 2021 in Taylor. Visitation will be from 5 PM to 8 PM at Condra Funeral Home in Taylor on Tuesday, January 26, 2021, there will be a cremation at a later date. Condra Funeral Home in Taylor.
- Alicia Lynn Morgan, 51, of Coupland, died on Wednesday January 13, 2021. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Feb. 13th at 2 pm at the American Legion Hall in Taylor. Condra Funeral Home in Taylor.
(CAMERON)–THE CITY OF ROCKDALE IS FACING A…
1. Milam County Broad Ban Initiative: Milam County has partnered with Connected Nation – Texas to help bring better broad band service to the County. Milam County is the 11th community selected as part of a statewide effort led by Connected Nation Texas (CN Texas) and funded by the Texas Rural Funders—at no cost to the county itself. As part of this effort, the Committee is asking every individual, business, and community organi…